Monday 27 February 2012

Its nice to get a pat on the back every now and then!...


I did this illustration for Illustration Friday quite a while ago now - the theme was acrobat!...

I've posted it again as it pretty much sums up how I've been feeling lately.  These last few months I've been spinning many plates with having 5 and 3 year old daughters around the house and a business that thankfully, seems to be steadily growing...I don't mind admitting that I've found it exhausting at times and exhilarating at other times.  

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining as I'm very grateful for my lot. I know its all part of being a mum - especially a self employed mum.  And lets face it, self employment is never an easy path to take.  

So, I simply want to send a massive PAT ON THE BACK to all my fellow self employed followers, particularly those of you who are doing this with 'babies on board' 
 you are all amazing and don't forget it!! :-)...




...Its important to get a pat on the back every now and again as a little morale boost....like the little pat I received last week from my old college friend Jo from Muddy Puddle Crafts , when she awarded me the Liebster Blog award.  Its lovely to receive an award - even sweeter to receive one from a good friend!

By accepting this award, I need to pay it forward to some other lovely blogs - the only condition being that those blogs have less than 200 followers.  

That's a tricky call, as quite a few of my favourite blogs have grown a bit bigger than 200 followers now, as I've been blogging for almost 2 years.  However, I've put my thinking cap on and come up with these 3 beautiful blogs:

Georgia Coote - a fab surface pattern designer with an eye for beautiful colour combinations and very, very pretty designs inspired by nature - just my thing


Pomme De Jour - in their own words 'Pomme de Jour is an eclectic mix of the inspired, original, vintage, and quirky. Based in the south of France, I offer all things vintage with that little touch of va va voom!' - they certainly do and it puts a smile on my face with every blog post.

Helen Hallows - A very talented artist with an inspiring and informative blog which is always a pleasure to read.


Hope you enjoy visiting those blogs as much as I do...


... as well as receiving a blog award, last week I received a runners up prize from Elf Designs giveaway - what a lucky girl I am!

They say the best things come in small packages and I believe that's true as this little dinky package arrived through my letterbox, and now I'm the proud owner of the gorgeous fabric badge below.  
I've decided it will live on the lapel of my jacket :-)


I hope you all have a great week!

Best wishes

Angie