Saturday 21 March 2015

What I've been up to so far this year - a peep at work in progress...



Hello,

The weeks seem to be flying by again and I've been struggling to slot in a regular blog update on what I've been up to.  Since the end of last year, I have been steadily working my way through a long list to fill the gaps in my occasions card range.  It's something I've been wanting to do for a while to have a more complete greetings portfolio. It's certainly something the publishing company I license my work to have been keen for me to do too.  So, with that kind of encouragement it was time to get to work, and that is what's filling my time at the moment, aside from my children, usual commission work and managing my online shops...


The additions to the range aren't quite ready to reveal altogether yet, but I'm letting you have a cheeky peep at these work in progress crops because I've shared many of these snippets on facebook and instagram as I've been working on them.... 


There has been lots of progress and I can see the collection gradually coming together nicely now.  Most importantly, I'm having great fun working on them because some of the occasions I'm designing for are taking me out of my comfort zone in terms of stretching my style, use of colours and understanding the target market...


 In particular, creating age cards for men has made me think hard and dig deep.  I always struggle to find decent occasion cards for the men in my life, so wanted to create designs that I'd want to give myself.  In the end, I surprised myself at how much I enjoyed creating these and how I was still able to make them colourful and lively without relying on my usual explosion of flowers and prettiness ...


I particularly enjoyed the rock music themed father's day card - it involved a morning listening to some great music and maybe just a little bit of air guitar with the pen of my graphics tablet! ;)...  

The other thing I've been up to is setting up a collection of phone cases with Swag My Case..


For the past 18 months I've been selling my designs on phone cases via my Society 6 shop.  Which is great, BUT as they are based in California and most of my customers are based in Britain, it's never been ideal.  

So, I am very happy to announce that I've teamed up with the London based phone case company: SwagMyCase.com They produce my designs to order onto cases for a wide variety of phone models, to very high standards in Britain. Here's a link to my collection on their site:http://swagmycase.com/collections/angela-spurgeon


As I type this, I'm a just a couple of weeks away from completing my occasions card list and then I start on some more new ranges which I'm looking forward to working on.  I've been feeling very productive lately with ideas and new designs and am embracing that feeling to make the most of it whilst I'm blessed with it, because as all creative people know, that feeling should never be taken for granted - it can go as soon as it comes.  Here's keeping everything crossed that it sticks around for a while so that I can continue enjoying creating new work.

Have a lovely weekend!
Best wishes