Monday 8 June 2015

A Trip to The Contemporary Craft Festival...


Hello!

I've had a truly wonderful weekend.  The sun shone brightly and I made my way over the border into Devon to visit The Contemporary Craft Festival at Bovey Tracey.  I met up with some very good friends of mine, who are also artists and designers and who I've met and become firm friends with from my adventures selling and promoting my illustration work online.

The picture above is of my favourite stand from the weekend - Elizabeth Loveday.  
Her embroidered and appliqued illustrative work is exquisite. It has a beautiful sense of humour and a love of nonsense that tickles me and is just my cup of tea!..



I also went along to go and have an opportunity to see my dear friend Marna Lunt's work up close.  She's been busy creating some amazing embroidered portraits lately that I've been itching to see.  Seeing every stitch in person was a pure delight!... Marna is definitely above average!... 


Likewise, with my friend Claire from Little Burrow Designs who creates joyous little worlds in tiny tins and boxes from re-purposed vintage and antique objects and textiles. Each piece inspires and raises a smile...


Of course I made purchases! 
I treated myself to some new earrings from my favourite new discovery. Designer maker Kay Morgan creates bright and beautiful purses and accessories from the softest leather.  Best of all, I discovered she's just up the road from me in Bristol and has her work stocked in numerous locations across Bristol (how very handy!)...


I also made a purchase from this year's worthy winner of best stand at the festival, Vinegar and Brown Paper ...


And, that's me and lovely Julia Crossland trying on Lynsey Walters wonderful, bold and colourful wool jewellery  - we were quite at home there!...


Best of all, it was wonderful to have a chance to catch up with so many great, creative people.  

I was especially lucky to spend two fabulous days in the company of these lovelies (as pictured above from left to right - I am the one on the far left) : Andrea Berry, Helen Bottrill, Kate Brazier, Julia Crossland.

I highly recommend The Contemporary Craft Festival and am already looking forward to going again next year.

Meanwhile, it was a busy week last week and I'll have another blog post for you in a couple of days about the workshop I ran for the Art Award students at my local secondary school. 

Until then, best wishes as always!