Wednesday 12 December 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...


Our Christmas tree is finally up!

It's a very homespun, handmade effort as always, filled with little craft projects that the kids and I have done together over the past couple of years.  Like our rudolf and toadstool felt kits from The Felt Fairy which we made last year...


...then there's this cuddly little knitted Santa, made by the lovely lady who volunteers at my daughters' school to help the reception children with their reading.  I treasure this Santa, knowing that it was made by the lady that helped my daughters find their love of reading...


...there are lots of salt dough creations we made together a couple of Christmases ago and plenty of sprayed pine cones, candy canes and ribbon...


...and some jolly little wooden gingerbread men made by my friend Jo over at Muddy Puddle Crafts


At the top of the tree are a couple of lovely rosettes from Little A Designs 
One which we made up from a kit and the other was a gift which simply says 'Santa's Little Helper'.  I usually have this one up by my desk all year round, but it is on loan to the tree for the festive season!



The big deal for me on the tree this year is the fairy at the very top.  Last Christmas, my dad found her lurking in a box in his attic - she's the fairy we used to put on the tree when I was a little girl, which as you can see from her style, was a very long time ago!..she's very Glam Rock don't you think? he he.  
Good to see her back where she belongs!

The girls break up from school next week and I'm hoping we'll add some new bits to our homespun decos collection.

Festive Wishes

Angie :)