Monday 4 May 2015

My Escape to Outlaw Bristol...


Hello!

This weekend I managed to escape to Bristol for a few precious hours on my own, to go and visit the Artisan Craft Market, Outlaw - which has been a big success in Cornwall since it began a couple of years ago.  This was the first ever Outlaw market in Bristol and it was fantastic.  Easy to get to by train too as it was held in The Passenger Shed just at the front of Temple Meads station.  

I really enjoyed the few hours I spent there, it had a lovely relaxed atmosphere with craft workshops, music, good food and plenty of talented designer maker's wares to see.... 



Best of all for me, I got to meet and chat with some of the wonderful Westcountry Creative Women Business I met a few weeks ago when I gave a talk at Kindred Rose's meet up.

It was lovely to catch up Lauren Aston Designs and her marvellous chunky knitted homewares - her stand was a such a cosy corner, it was very hard to leave it...



I had a lovely long chat with Artist Nicky Harwood, AKA. The Cow Lady (because of her amazing cow paintings).  Nicky was launching a fascinating new colourful collection of layered acrylic paintings which are oh so tactile!  To get a better view of each of these pieces, hop over to Nicky's facebook page where she has posted up some great close up photographs of each piece:





It was lovely to meet Charlotte Macey there too, I have been a long time follower of her work on social media and seeing her work there in front of me did not disappoint.  In fact, I absolutely had to make a purchase, so I bought one of her delightful little jugs to pop cuttings from my garden in...


 Here it is. My new Charlotte Macey jug to remind me of my lovely day at Outlaw.  We have lots of bluebells out in our back garden at the moment, so a few of those look splendid in that jug, don't you think?  Here's where you can find more of Charlotte's products:

I am very happy with my purchase and thoroughly recommend Outlaw Bristol when they return next year! To find out more, visit their website here:

Best wishes