Friday 19 September 2014

New Designs for all occasions...


Hello,

It's taken a little while to get back in the swing of things after the summer, but I feel like I am getting on top of things gradually and have had a fairly productive week.

Here are some pics I've been sharing around my social media sites this week, which give you a peep at some work in progress on the new set of occasions cards I'm working on.  I have plenty of those to do to fill the gaps in my portfolio.  Some of these designs have been requested for licensing so should be available (all being well) for purchase wholesale and retail within the next few months...


I've also listed some of the new designs I've been developing for my calendar and occasions cards as prints in my online shops (website, Folksy and Etsy).  I'd be very happy to personalise some of these designs, like the one above for Everlasting Love, which lends itself well to being a bright and cheery anniversary or wedding gift...


I've also been allowing myself a little time to play and experiment with inks (practice, practice, practice, it's the only way to get better at anything!).  I  really relish the moments I spent on these as the further you get into running a small business, the easier it is to loose sight of the things that made you want to set up the business in the first place - which for me, one of the main reasons was to spend lots of time drawing and getting my fingers inky.

This week, whist having a play I had an idea for a personalised product I could offer in my Folksy and Etsy shops in the run up to 'a certain event that will be happening in a couple of months time!' (no need to use the 'C' word yet!)...


What do you think?  Hand drawn, pen and ink cards with a personal message inside.  Obviously they'll need to be drawn on cards... and a little more time needs to spent on each to make them lovely - but you can get the idea from the pic above.

Well that's what I've been up to this week.  I hope you all have a lovely weekend

Best wishes

Angie :)