Wednesday, 8 May 2013

Swapping Pixels for Paintbrushes..


 Hello.  I hope you all enjoyed the bank holiday weekend - wasn't it gorgeous weather? Aren't these bluebells gorgeous?  I've got lots of them popping up in my garden at the moment, they are a joy to see.

The reason I'm posting bluebells is I've been feeling rather blue lately.  
I've not been feeling my best these past couple of weeks which made me do some deep thinking and soul searching.  Every now and then it's almost a blessing to be reminded that you aren't invincible.  I see this as an opportunity to sort out priorities and get my house in order so that I am living the life that makes me happy and will hopefully make those around me happy too. 

I started with making time over the weekend to do some painting because I couldn't remember what it felt like to hold a paintbrush and relish the feeling of mixing colours on a palette rather than just selecting a colour on a screen with a mouse...



...Ta Da! and here is my first acrylic painting in over 18 months! 
I must admit, it's a bit rough and ready and needs some finishing off,  but I can't begin to describe the enormous sense of achievement I feel for just being able to get the paints out again whilst watching my daughters enjoy playing in our sunny garden.  

Doing that painting has certainly helped chase a few clouds away so that I can get on with things and go back to the hard task of chasing my dreams.

I'll leave you with a little cheeky peep at part of a collaborative project I'm working on at the moment that has got me very excited and inspired.  It's a job that's enabling me to develop some designs aimed at children which is something I've been wanting to do for a long time.


Have a lovely rest of the week!
Best wishes

Angie x

10 comments:

  1. Angie. I have bluebells coming up in my garden too. I think they are beautiful. I love painting to but have not had the time in ages . I love your picture it is really sweet.
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rosezeeta. It felt good to get my paints out again and be able to sit in the garden in the sun. I love the garden at this time of year, everything is starting to bud and come out :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo bluebells i think i need to fill my graden with them too. Love your painting! Fresh air & a paint brush who could ask for more. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marna, It felt wonderful to paint again. Although some of the paints I had to use were cheap and cheerful ones that belonged to the kids as mine had gone all crusty! ooops! :) xxx

      Delete
  4. The bluebells are just peaking through in the woods near here. Can't wait to get out the camera and go and take some pictures. Loving the faerie can't wait to see the finished piece ... Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, We have a bluebell woods near here too. I feel a weekend walk in the woods coming on! xxx

      Delete
  5. aww sorry to hear you've been felling like that Angie - I get that too sometimes. In fact after I asked him to read through my draft website so far the other half said to me last night; "Are you SURE this is what you want to do? Because I know you like it, but sometimes it can make you very stressed, and if it doesn't make you happy then we need to find something that does, whatever that is". Sometimes we all need to do some searching.
    I know I love what I do, but I do get frustrated at the lack of time I can commit sometimes as other things comes first, and when you are bogged down in those darned custom orders *sorry! ;-)* that are keeping the money coming in but might not be what you want to be making *Right Now* when the creative juices are flowing...
    I look forward to seeing what you will be up to in the future!
    & if it's any consolation, I miss painting too...
    Maybe we should all get the brushes out every now and then X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rose - that means a lot. It's all part of the journey, it's good to make some changes along the way to make things better in the long run - even if it's just getting the paints out one afternoon just 'because!'. I love your idea about a collective paint session - maybe a show and tell project for our blogs is worth some consideration ;). Take care of yourself lovely lady, I look forward to working with again soon :) xx

      Delete
  6. Lovely painting Angie....nothing like some sunshine, listening to laughter from the kids and a bit of time out doing something creative just for yourself to soar the spirits x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo - I completely agree and hope that you are also finding time to get creative just for yourself too. Best wishes as always xxx

      Delete