Saturday 23 February 2013

A Little Burst of Unexpected Inspiration...


Last weekend the weather was lovely - there was a real feeling of Spring about everything so we decided to make the most of it and take our two little girls for a walk in the Great Wood at Ramscombe on the nearby Quantock Hills.  On our drive out there we passed lots of gorgeous little cottages and I noticed that many of them were painted pink and loved how the pink contrasted with surrounding green fields.  It gave me a little light bulb moment and a new design sprung to mind...


With mother's day in mind, I set to work and came up with my pretty little country cottage image complete with Somerset cider apple trees behind it.  

This print is now listed on my website and in my Folksy and Etsy shops as once I started the design, I simply had to get it done and thoroughly enjoyed doing it!...


Funny how inspiration can strike when you least expect it to.  It must have been that burst of fresh air we got from our lovely walk that helped bring it on!

Have a great weekend
Best wishes

Angie :)