Thursday 5 May 2011

2 new logo designs & *fanfare* my watercolours have been out!





Royal Weddings & Bank Holidays - Pah!...its been business as usual on top of all the festivities for me. Good job I really enjoy what I do - the logo designs I've worked on last week were great fun.


The first one is for my friend Ali's company, Nice Buns. I believe that the name of her company is the biggest understatement there ever was because her cakes don't just look amazing, they taste absolutely sensational too. If you are based in or near Bridgwater, Somerset, Ali has a stall in the town market on Fridays laden with tasty cupcakes. Or, you could always drool over the pictures of her designer celebration cakes on her website: http://nice-buns.net/


Like I said, I enjoy what I do and drawing cupcakes is no hardship!


My second logo job this past week was for a growing homeware business based in Scotland. Kirsty from Sew Homely wanted to have a new look for her business as she prepares to launch her new website, folksy and etsy shops (all coming soon). I've added a link button to the side of this blog ready to link to Sew Homely's new website once its up and running, so watch this space. Kirsty is a very versatile crafter creating soft furnishings and handpainted wooden items to make any house 'sew homely' (sorry couldn't resist the pun!). Many of the items in Sew Homely's range have a lovely, simple, coastal feel to them - here are my new designs to complement those products...




...Finally, and this really does deserve a fanfare!...I've had my watercolours out!!!!...OK, maybe only just for about an hour, but its still worthy of celebration. Once upon a time, I'd create nothing but line drawn or watercoloured images...I still get the pleasure of inky line drawn doodles, but Adobe Creative Suite is just so much cleaner and less hassle to set up & pack away than paint and brushes - especially with small children running around your ankles!!!..and there's no drying time needed with photoshop...Oh, but I do love watercolour painting, its so satisfying and relaxing. I've been itching to do some as a break from the computer screen.


When the sun came out and so did the gorgeous lilac bush in my garden...there were no more excuses, I had a paint brush in my hand and here is my little sketch...






Lets hope the good weather continues so that we can all have a great weekend - and who knows, I may even get a chance to get the paints out again!