Monday 6 September 2010

Latest Pieces of Work


Here are a couple of portrait pieces I have recently worked on.

The portrait of the dogs was printed onto artbox and is a tribute to the late spaniel and labrador featured in the portrait. Both were the hard working, loyal companions of a game keeper.
The family portrait was a birthday present designed specifically to complement the furnishings in a particular room. There are alot of personal symbolic images included in this portrait. For example, the tartan skirt the little girl is wearing is the tartan for the family name of the lady this portrait was created for. The owl in the tree symbolises a past family member who was a RSPB member and particulary fond of owls. The ice-cream van is of a van belonging to a favourite ice-cream company well known in the part of North-Devon that this family originate from.

As you can see, I love putting as much subtle personal detail into my work as possible so that the person receiving my portrait will treasure it forever.

To find out more about commissioning a canvas or artbox portrait from me, please visit my website: http://www.artworkbyangie.com/

Thanks

Angie